We decided to pull the plug on using Phoenix.
The people we know who are using it are mostly well funded and have the time to learn to use it and find their way around things that are a struggle.
We are not.
I wanted to do something that would have taken me five minutes in Rails and Phoenix just wouldn’t do it. Or, at least, the way to do it wasn’t documented.
I also got burned, and wasted a lot of time, because the Phoenix commands have been renamed to be phx instead of phoenix.
I ended up creating a Phoenix 1.2 app by mistake because the old command wasn’t deleted.
It’s annoying. I like the Elixir language a lot. But it’s back to Ruby on Rails because I don’t have time or the dime.
I think in about a year I might come back to it because it will be a bit more mature.