When you read my profile you might think that I don’t write code any more. Nothing could be further from the truth. I still write code every day.
It’s my mission to pass on my expertise to younger developers while collaborating and learning together.
I operate at many levels:
- Coder in Ruby on Rails and Android/Java
- Web architect
- Recovering scrum master – I have developed a much more nuanced idea of agility in recent years
- Teaching behaviour driven development and pairing for fun and profit.
I have used over 20 programming languages over the years.
I love coding and working in teams with people at the sharp end. I bring:
- An extensive knowledge of what works under given circumstances
- Clear perspective on common problems from 30 years at the coal face
- Empathy with development teams and their clients
- Understand how vital communication across all areas of the business is
- Comprehensive understanding of how to write code
- Clear grasp of the why as well as the how of development
- Bridging business needs and the details of writing software
- The ability to ensure the team delivers true capability
- Knowing when to take a step back and understand the underlying problems